The American Red Cross is urging eligible blood donors of all blood types to give blood this spring to help ensure a sufficient supply for hospital patients. In Indiana alone the Red Cross needs more […]
This week has been Severe Weather Preparedness Week in Indiana. Preparedness and action are the keys to safety during any kind of hazard. The National Weather Service working together with its partners, the Indiana Department […]
Tomorrow and Sunday, three area high school robotics teams will compete in a FIRST Robotics FRC competition at Jefferson High School in Lafayette. PhyXTGears from Muncie, The Kokomo High School TechnoKats, and CyberTooth from Northwestern […]
Governor Eric J. Holcomb will honor 65 Indiana companies today at the Indiana Statehouse with the Governor’s Century and Half Century Business Awards. The Governor’s Century and Half Century Business Awards honor Hoosier businesses that […]
Are you smarter than a fourth-grader? Frances Slocum Elementary fourth-graders are hosting The Genius Hour research fair, tomorrow from 10 to 11 a.m., in the school’s gym. Family and friends and any others interested are […]
- Dozens dead after chemical plant explosion in ChinaDozens are dead after a chemical plant explosion at a pesticide plant in eastern China. Local officials said Thursday the fire has been contained by firefighters.
- Teachers' association says active shooter drill caused injuriesOne teacher told The Indianapolis Star they were told "this is what happens if you just cower and do nothing"
- "We knew we'd be blown up one day": Chemical plant blast kills dozensWoman at site of one of China's worst recent industrial accidents says she's long worried about safety and pollution there; explosion was so strong it triggered small quake
- Queen Latifah on racism: ‘We’re America. Let’s act like it.’“Through Her Eyes” is a weekly half-hour show hosted by human rights activist Zainab Salbi that explores contemporary issues from a female perspective. Queen Latifah has a straightforward message on racism: “We’re America. “People need to be educated, because they need to understand that we have all contributed to the success of the United States […]
- Hillary Clinton’s ‘Fight Song’ is driving some people nutsCelebrities perform “Fight Song” for a video played at the Democratic National Convention. It’s Hillary Clinton’s fight song, but some listeners don’t have a lot of fight left in them. Before and after the Democratic nominee takes the stage at rallies, her campaign inevitably plays the 2015 pop hit “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten.
- Rock band Third Eye Blind taunts Republicans at concert during RNCThe rock band Third Eye Blind frustrated some guests at a charity concert held during the Republican National Convention on Tuesday. In tweets posted on the official Third Eye Blind account, the band indicated it was pleased the show upset some in the audience. “I have never been more disappointed,” wrote a Twitter user named […]