Marion Home Seriously Damaged By Fire Wed. Night

A Marion home suffered serious damage late Wednesday night in a fire blamed on a space heater.

Marion firefighters were called to the home in the 300 block of West 27th Street at about midnight last night and found flames coming from the roof.  The homeowner said she left earlier in the evening, but left a space heater turned on in a bedroom.  Investigators determined the fire started in the space heater.

The home suffered serious damage and may be considered a total loss.

No one was injured in the blaze.