Hello! Welcome to November! We are a week away from Thanksgiving! Can you believe it? I can’t wait to eat some fantastic food and spend time with family at home. Thanksgiving is always a great […]
Hi friends! I thought it was time to update you all on the latest Netflix wins. One movie in particular REALLY surprised me! The Kissing Booth. Have you heard of it? It has Joey King […]
Happy Wednesday everyone! A very hot Wednesday. (I mean for real can we cool off a little mother nature?!) This past weekend was a big weekend for Disney +! They saw a HUGE increase in […]
On March 18, 2020, the Marion Police Department (MPD) conducted an investigation of a complaint of improper touching of a child. According to the press release, the victim claimed that they had been inappropriately touched […]
Former Taylor University employee arrested on charges of child molestation and possession of child pornography
Friday, a criminal investigation by Indiana State Police Detective Josh Maller resulted in the arrest of Jeffrey Marsee, 59, of Upland, on numerous felony charges. On December 9, 2020, Detective Maller initiated a criminal investigation, […]
The Indiana State Police (ISP), at the request of the Grant County Sheriff’s Department, is investigating a police officer-involved shooting in which a Marion man died. The preliminary investigation by Indiana State Police detectives revealed that yesterday at approximately 6:10 p.m., […]
Second Harvest Food Bank is getting ready to hold another food tailgate at 5 Points Mall on Tuesday, Jan. 19. But first, they need to find more volunteers. According to Kellie Arrowood, as of yesterday, […]
Grant County has been awarded federal funds made available by the Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency, under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program. According to a press release, Grant County has […]
- "Sunday Morning" Matinee: "Paradise Square"The new musical tells a story set in 1863 New York, in the violent Five Points neighborhood, where Irish and Black cultures meet. Watch an excerpt.
- New museum honors African American musicians who "paved the way"The National Museum of African American Music has more than 1,600 artifacts and memorabilia to help tell the story of Black trailblazers and innovators.
- First look inside new museum that celebrates impact and influence of African Americans on musicAnthony Mason gets a look inside the new National Museum of African American Music in Nashville for the first time. The museum is a celebration of African Americans' contributions to and influence across the musical landscape, and with new historical context, rewriting their role in the American soundtrack. Mason talks to Grammy winners H.E.R. and […]
- From ‘Rompe’ To ‘Con Calma,’ Here Are Daddy Yankee’s Longest-Leading Latin Airplay HitsBillboard highlights Daddy Yankee’s best Latin Airplay hits that have spent at least two weeks or more at No. 1, including "Rompe" and "Despacito."
- Martin Luther King Jr. Was Assassinated 4 Days Before the 1968 Oscars: The Show Did Not Go OnMartin Luther King Jr., whose birthday we celebrate on Monday (Jan. 18), was assassinated on April 4, 1968 -- just four days before the 40th annual Academy Awards were scheduled to take place.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s History With the Grammy AwardsRev. Martin Luther King Jr., whose birthday we celebrate on Monday (Jan. 18), received the Nobel Peace Prize for 1964 and was Time’s man of the year for 1963. It’s not as widely known, but he was also a (posthumous) Grammy winner for best spoken word recording.