Open Modal

Kokomo House Fire May Have Started From Cigarette

Kokomo firefighters believe a house fire Monday morning may have started from a lit cigarette left on a porch.

Firefighters fought heavy flames and smoke when they arrived at the home in the 900 block of South Waugh Street.  The fire started on the porch of the home, but quickly spread.  A cigarette is suspected in the fire, which heavy damage to the home.

The woman and child living there escaped unharmed, but are now without a home.

Recommended Posts