Ok, we did it! I lost half of the 10poundchallenge down 5 pounds, but you know what, it’s better than 0! I worked through big emotional times. So I’m proud. It’s been a VERY isolating time to be single. I’m still mourning my Grandma, G Michaels too. I call it a success.
things I learned
- life is about balance, ok so I overate yesterday, today I will eat a couple points or 100 calories less and do that for the next couple days and it will balance out.
- make water fun with a fresh slice of lemon or lime
- have fruit on hand for a quick snack, cherries are my new fave
- banana muffins, 2 beaten eggs, 1/2 Kodiak Cakes Protein Waffle and Flapjack mix(I found at Meijer in Marion) 2 mashed bananas 350 degrees 18 min
- 2 ingredient dough equal parts non fat greek yogurt and self rising flour
- try to only eat when you’re hungry but if you like snacks, build them into your diet plan
- I love sweets so I enjoy high fiber/protein goodies. I love fiber one chocolate fudge brownies, heat them up and they are delish. I put them in my airfryer.
- make special things like shrimp cocktail, it feels fancy but super low in calories
- try to limit eating out but treat yourself too.
- half the serving of things you love, for me no sugar added edy’s ice cream I get at Family Dollar is 4 points for a 1/2 cup, so I eat 1/4 cup sometimes if I’ve eaten a lot that day!
I hope you got a little something out of the #10poundchallenge
DM me if you have questions!
The first picture was taken a year ago with listener Julie! The next day I got serious on Weight Watchers (WW) then there’s the pic of me today! at the bottom is the 10 years ago “before” when I lost 85 pounds with Weight Watchers and the “after” where I had gained it back.