Indiana Wesleyan University and the Community Foundation of Grant County have partnered to establish the CAPE II Career Exploration Grant. The purpose of this grant is to financially support Grant County, Indiana organizations that offer career exploration experiences, provide career guidance and counseling, and encourage workplace internships and job shadows.
The Chair of the CAPE II Career Exploration Grant Committee will be the Associate Dean of Life Calling and Career at Indiana Wesleyan University (a non-voting position), two additional members appointed by Indiana Wesleyan University, and two additional members appointed by the Community Foundation of Grant County.
Funding will be administered by the CAPE II Career Exploration Grant Committee with these applicant priorities:
- A preference will be given to existing organizations that serve Grant County students.
- Provide career assessments and/or career resources to the Grant County, Indiana community.
- Provide evidence of partnerships with other service providers to increase reach.
- Assist Grant County students with educational programs on career options.
- Facilitate Grant County residents (of all ages) in job shadowing, internships, and career preparation.
- Increases students’ readiness for education after high school.
- Assists schools in building bridges to businesses and locally created career pathways.
- Provides evidence of community and education pathways.
Proposals will be solicited in mid-September through the end of October of each year (Sept. 14, 2020-Oct. 26, 2020). The CAPE II Career Exploration Grant Committee will review proposals during the first two weeks of November (Nov. 2, 2020-Nov. 16, 2020), meet for decision-making in mid-November (Nov. 18, 2020), and award recipients by no later than the end of November annually (Nov. 20, 2020), based on the criteria established above.
To apply for the grant and to learn more visit www.GiveToGrant.org/Grants or contact Meagan Mathias at 765-662-0065.